Ordering a repeat prescription
As part of the ongoing campaign to minimise the spread of the Coronavirus, the Prescribing Team will no longer be able to accept paper requests until further notice.
- We advise that all requests be made online or sent via email to:
Your email should include the following
- Date of Birth
- Your Address
- List of medication you require
If you do not have access to email, Please contact the team on 01227 287050
- We would also recommend that you nominate a pharmacy where your prescription will be sent to as all prescriptions will now be sent electronically to community pharmacies.
The Prescribing Team at Heron Medical Practice.
Order your repeat prescription online at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems booking online appointments?
Before you call us.
Patients on regular medication will require repeat prescriptions and for a safer and speedier service, repeat prescriptions are computerised. Your doctor will have entered onto the computer what medication you are taking and each time a new prescription is produced by the computer a new request form is generated for you to make your next request.
Requests for repeat prescriptions are not taken over the telephone, for medico-legal reasons, as errors can occur in verbal communication. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Please allow three working days for your prescription to be processed.
2. If you have more that one repeat prescription please try and order all your items together
3. Clearly indicate where you would like the prescription form sent to on the repeat prescription request form. We can send you prescription to one of the following nominated chemists:
- Delmergate, 145 Reculver Road
- Bornos, 159 Station Road
- Boots, 161a Station Road
- Boots, 116 Mortimer Street
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 91 Sea Street
- Delmergate, Broomfield Road
- Park Pharmacy, King's Road
- Holborn Pharmacy, Greater London
- Sainsburys, Whitstable
- Delmergate, 269 Reculver Road
We can also send your prescription to your home address, but remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope. Alternatively, you can collect your prescription form from the surgery.
1. Either deliver or post your repeat prescription request form to the surgery.
2. If you are receiving any medication, which is not on your request form, please add this clearly on a request slip and this may be added after verification with the doctor. NB: This may take longer than 3 working days.
Hersden Surgery has a dispensary on site for patients who live more than one mile from a chemist, however no delivery service is available.